Emotive Influence Sequence
The html of this asana will be posted here soon.
In the meantime, download the PDF version of the 'Emotive Influence Sequence' (26 KB).
The poses in this sequence focus on grounding—feeling strong and steady. Breathe in and out through the nostrils. There is an emphasis on 'opening up' while breathing in and 'releasing' while breathing out. While practising this sequence be with the emotion—feel the energy flowing through the body and embrace a sense of certainty and joy. Allow yourself to fully experience the inspiration of positive emotions. The affirmations can be spoken out loud or said silently in the mind. Repeat the sequence two or three times throughout the day (if possible). The sequence can be practised with the eyes open or closed. Smiling during the exercise is thoroughly recommended. Yoga works to dissolve negative emotions and to enhance positive feelings.
- An Important Message: read this before attempting the following asanas.
- The Windmill (Variation of Hasta Utthanasana)
- The Lightning Bolt (Utkatasana)
- The Swaying Palm Tree (Tiryaka Tadasana)
- The Maypole (Variation of Kati Chakrasana)
- The Triangle (Trikonasana)
- The Warrior (Virabhadrasana)
- The Mountain (Tadasana)
- The Bear (Variation of Sukhasana)
- The Duck (Utthanasana)