|Code of Ethics|
All accredited teachers who are members of the Yoga Teachers Association of Australia subscribe to the following Code of Ethical Practice:
- Act with care and honourable intent respecting the body, mind and spirit of all my students.
- Serve and teach unrestricted by considerations of nationality, religion, race, ability, gender, politics, or social status.
- Teach within the limits of my training, expertise and competence, therefore not misrepresenting myself or the practice of Yoga in any way.
- Promote and advertise my teaching and the benefits of Yoga realistically and truthfully.
- Use my knowledge and skill at all times with compassion, integrity and intent to cause no harm and advance the common good.
- Co-operate loyally with my Yoga colleagues and members of related professions, promoting unity so that the needs of all students are met effectively.
- Make referrals when appropriate and encourage students to seek assistance from other professionals of their choosing.
- Hold in confidence and with integrity any written or verbal personal information.
- Respect the independence and autonomy of students and Yoga associates aiming to teach the holistic beliefs and values of Yoga without imposing these beliefs and values.
- Commit to the continual updating and expansion of my knowledge, competence and skills.
- Behave honestly and ethically, being aware of my legal responsibilities and conduct my financial affairs in line with recognised business, accounting and taxation procedures.
- Co-operate fully with any ethical investigation by the Yoga Teachers' Association Inc. and report any actions or practices that violate this code.